Osteoarthritis Treatment at Result Care
Chiropractic treatment is a safe and effective option for patients requiring treatment for the discomfort and pain that can result from osteoarthritis. Ron van der Veen, your preferred chiropractor in Estepona, Malaga Spain has been treating patients at Result Care for many years now and is looking forward to helping you with your case of osteoarthritis.
What Is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease that can cause you pain and discomfort as well as reduce your effective range of motion. The weight-bearing bones in our body are called joints and when joints are damaged, the result is osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis means the same thing as “arthritis.” Women tend to get osteoarthritis more than men, in part because of hormonal changes that women go through during menopause.
Men are subject to osteoarthritis as well, and this ailment is not confined to the elderly population. You can be young and have osteoarthritis. Leading a sedentary lifestyle with little or no exercise can lead to osteoarthritis, as can genetics and obesity.
What are the Symptoms of Osteoarthritis?
If you suspect that you might have osteoarthritis but have not yet been diagnosed, you’ll want to keep in mind the various symptoms of this condition. Osteoarthritis symptoms include:
* Pain that is either intermittent or steady in one or more of your joints
* Hearing a crunching or clicking sound when your joints are moving
* Swelling or tenderness in the joints
* Joint stiffness tends to increase when you are inactive, such as sitting at a desk all day or when sleeping
Discomfort, pain, swelling and tenderness are symptoms that the chiropractor can help you with, while also improving your ability to move. The specific technique or techniques to be used will depend on your particular case.
How is Osteoarthritis Treated and How Could a Chiropractor Help?
If this will be your first visit to a chiropractor, you should know that your appointment will begin with an in-depth consultation. The chiropractor will ask you about your level of exercise (or lack of) and other lifestyle issues while determining the extent and severity of your osteoarthritis. This is required so you can have a personalized treatment plan to relieve pain and stiffness.
Depending on your situation, the chiropractor may need to order an x-ray of your spine before beginning treatment. Inflamed joints should not be adjusted, but the chiropractor has other tools to provide relief.
* Cold laser treatment does not produce heat and penetrates far into your tissue to combat painful inflammation.
* Infrared sauna treatment warms your joints gently, from the inside and also promotes increased circulation.
* Electrotherapy directs non-painful electrical impulses to the affected area, stimulating muscles and nerves.
* Ultrasound therapy from the chiropractor directs sound waves to your joints and soft tissues to create a massage effect, reducing pain, stiffness and swelling.
If you have been experiencing discomfort from osteoarthritis and would like to meet with an expert chiropractor who has many years of experience treating this painful condition, there’s no need to wait. We at Result Care are dedicated to providing each patient with the best quality care, in a warm and soothing environment. For details on osteoarthritis treatment or to book an appointment with your chiropractor in Estepona, please connect with us today.